Forter is looking for a talented back-end engineer to join an outstanding team, responsible for our back-end infrastructure.
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Debug complex problems across the whole stack.
- Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts: Customer Success, Business (Sales / Marketing) and Product Managers (different domains).
- Enjoy working with a varied group of people with diverse expertise. Our projects include people from multiple disciplines such as: Designers, Software Engineers, Analysts and Data Scientists (all of whom write production code!).
Stuff you’ll need:
- Experience of 3+ years throughout technologies such as Storm, Kafka, Spark and concepts such as Event Sourcing and Circuit Breaker.
- Proven experience with different databases or data stores such as MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, AeroSpike, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis etc.
- Have been a “go to” person in your previous teams/organizations.
Would be very cool if you have:
- Very strong understanding of how to explore and extract insights from data: SQL capabilities (RDS/Athena/Redshift), using Spark to to process billions of data points etc.
- Familiarity with concepts such as Chaos Engineering.
What it’s like to work at Forter:
Instead of writing some boring description, one of our finest engineers made a little video (or two). This is how we believe things should be: different, funny and with some attitude.
Things we appreciate:
- A link to a blog post you wrote/interesting talks you’ve given.
- Open source projects you’ve created or contributed to.
- Interesting problems you’ve dealt with, that weren’t trivial.
- Side projects that you couldn’t resist building. After all, a software addict has to do what a software addict does.
Our technology stack:
Java, Python, Node.js, Clojure, Storm, Spark, Riemann.io, MySQL, Redis, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana. We’re running on top of AWS with “immutable infrastructure” via CloudFormation, Packer, Chef and Docker. On our front-end, we use Angular, VueJS, GraphQL, ES6, Webpack and Node.js.
Send us your CV or, if you don’t have an updated CV, just show us what you’ve got, be it a LinkedIn profile, GitHub profile or cool stuff you’ve done.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org