Backed by leading venture capital investors including Sequoia, NEA, and Scale, Forter is a fast-growing, enterprise SaaS startup that has already established itself as a leader in the online fraud prevention market. Forter’s fraud prevention system is designed to be consumer-centric, blocking fraud with accuracy and at the same time enabling growth by increasing approvals and ensuring an excellent customer experience. Forter’s ability to increase sales and reduce chargebacks at scale has enabled the company to sign up many of the largest ecommerce merchants and online travel agencies in the world.
As Forter continues its rapid growth trajectory, the business development team is tasked with finding new distribution channels for its existing products, as well as collaborating with the product team to craft and sell new products that will be appealing to new target markets. The Director of Business Development will join a growing team and report directly to the VP of Business Development.
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders – including product, marketing, and others – to successfully define products and services that will be attractive to Banks/FI’s.
- Craft strategic roadmap that includes key partner targets, revenue models, and timelines.
- Secure new relationships with partners and maintain ongoing relationships to optimize them over time – Responsible for leading contract negotiations, financial terms, key operations objectives, and relationship structure.
- Assist the VP of Business Development in closing other major strategic partnership initiatives as needed.
Stuff you’ll need:
- At least 5+ years of business development or other related experience with a track record of successfully creating partnerships and driving revenue.
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem – you have experience working at or partnering with Financial Institutions.
- Excellent communication skills: you are a clear thinker, speaker, and writer; highly creative in messaging and visually presenting complex topics.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across different functions including marketing, sales and finance.
- Startup background – Comfort with a fast paced environment and changing requirements.
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time.
Additional Attributes that would be helpful:
- Operational experience gained working for or with credit card issuers – particularly related to fraud and/or risk operations.
- History of successful collaboration with internal product teams to drive new solutions that meet buyers’ needs.
- Comfort with new technologies; ability to communicate with those who are tech savvy.
If you’re up to the challenge, please send your CV with the title of the position you’re applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our compensation package includes: A competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous health, dental and vision insurance, and stock options. But most importantly – an excellence-driven working environment who is both inspiring and joyous.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.