Forter is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and focused technical leader, to be an integral part of the Merchant Integration team. The Integration Engineer is responsible for answering all technical questions arising during the Merchant Integration process, helping customers by assessing their needs and resolving their technical questions, as well as identifying and adapting Forter’s products and services to the customer’s needs. The Integration Engineer will combine technical knowledge with sales skills and is ultimately responsible for the technical win during the sales cycle (pre- and post-). The Integration Engineer will work as part of the Merchant Integration team and in conjunction with the R&D and Product Management as a key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions, ensuring that Forter delivers overall superior service and support to both existing as well as prospective customers.
As a member of Forter’s Merchant Integration team, you will provide technical support and assist with the software integration, to qualified prospects who are working to evaluate and/or potentially deploy Forter’s solution.
- Work as part of the larger Merchant Integration team supporting Forter’s Technical Project Manager and Analytics Leads to ensure customers are integrated properly using Forter’s integration services, APIs and platform plugins.
- Interacting directly with merchant engineering and operations teams to ensure the product fills customer requirements while proactively communicating gaps or opportunities to the Forter Product Management team.
- Conduct and facilitate trial installations of Forter’s software on various e-commerce platforms including but not limited to Magento, Demandware, and Shopify
- Conduct and ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (POCs) supporting business goals set forth by the Sales Team.
- General support of sales team from a technical aspect to drive team based selling.
- Support pre & post sales issues including but not limited to:
- Validating and supporting agreed upon ‘proof of concept’ with prospect
- Providing written & verbal instruction on the usage of the products
- Participation in weekly customer integration meetings and follow up on action items pertaining to technical integration points
- Monitor customer integration progress and proactively notify Forter Project Managers of issues and reach out directly to merchants to resolve identified issues
- Attend client on site meetings in support of sales process and for active integration projects as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience as integration engineer or technical integration specialist.
- Experience throughout the web development stack, e.g. AngularJS, Node.js, Python, Java, PHP.
- Familiar with e-commerce platforms,processes and common issues associated with API based integrations
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous production environments.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus-building skills.
- Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Built modules for e-commerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Demandware (Commerce Cloud).)
- Experience working with or building internet payment interfaces.
- Ability to help sell technical products/solutions with strong closing instincts and skills.
NYC, New York
Forter is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, equity participation and benefits to attract and retain individuals of the highest caliber.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org